The Hono Stool started with our rediscovery of Shou Sugi Ban, an ancient Japanese burning technique that preserves wood through charring. Inspired by the method's resulting rich color depth, authentic texture, and it's traditional use to weather-proof wood, we adapted the application to be environmentally safe and durable.
Stools are meticulously hand-charred, then finished with a non-toxic clear coat. Our Hono Stools showcase the narrative of this ancient method and highlight one of the earliest methods of wood preservation. Learn more about the making of Hono Stools.
- Dimensions: 16" Diameter x 16"H.
- Each stool is cut from a different log, so variations are natural and celebrated. Each item is unique and no two are exactly alike. Images on our websites and items displayed in our showroom may vary from your actual piece.
- Solid pine, charred using the Shou Sugi Ban method.
- Each stool features a pie-shaped "check", that varies in size.
- Finished with a non-toxic, protective clear coat.
- Plastic gliders on base protect surfaces and allow for ease in moving.
- Each Hono Stool is hand made in small batches in our studio.
- Ships fully assembled.
- Number of boxes: 1.
- Shipping package: 20”L x 20”W x 20”H.
- Package weight: 50 lbs.
- HTS code: 9403.50.