Sales Account Manager
Uhuru Design is seeking sales account managers to join our team.
At the forefront of New American Design, and with pieces in the Smithsonian and Brooklyn Museum, Uhuru is the premier sustainable American furniture design firm. Founded in 2004, Uhuru has cultivated a client base including many of the world’s most distinguished brands and highest profile corporate, hospitality, and residential and retail projects.
This is an incredible opportunity for individuals demonstrating strong sales success and the desire to bring an entrepreneurial mindset to a design focused, passionate team of designers, artists, production and project managers.
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits with a view of the Statue Of Liberty from our Red Hook Brooklyn, NY Headquarters that’s tough to beat.
Identifying, opening, and managing key architectural and design firms & dealers and end-user accounts in NYC and other NE territories
Visiting A&D and dealer firms to promote brand awareness and share up-to-date product information
Developing and maintaining key relationships
Communicating production updates
Providing tailored solutions through strategic quoting and selling
Skills and Qualifications
3+ years of direct selling experience within the NYC interior design world or equivalent
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, and a professional disposition
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a focused, goal-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to create and implement action plans to support individual and company-wide goals
- Must have a keen eye for design and creativity, exceptional operational, organizational and follow-up skills, and strong analytical and decision-making capabilities
- CAD/CRM/Accounting and other relevant industry software knowledge a plus
- Passionate and excited about UHURU