The Logistics Manager, stationed in our manufacturing facility in Denver, PA, with ability to work REMOTE is responsible for coordinating logistics and the movement of finished goods between Uhuru’s manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, partners, and clients. The ideal candidate will have experience in logistics coordination and is highly organized. Reporting to Uhuru’s Leadership team as the Logistics Team lead, the Logistics Coordinator ensures all deliveries and shipments are completed on time and at the best cost and minimal damage and overages. If you want to be part of a design-centric next generation furniture model, backed by years of design pedigree and a global supply chain, JOIN US!
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
- Coordinate scheduling and deliveries between Uhuru’s domestic and international manufacturing facilities, warehouses, and clients. Coordinating movement cross functionally between facilities.
- Daily communication with Account Managers and Project Managers on relevant issues and resolutions.
- Coordinate movement of finished product inventory, including overseas container shipments, stock material movement and shipments to Uhuru clients and internal transfers between our manufacturing facilities and our warehouse in New Jersey.
- Process import and export (air/ocean) shipments including documentation, communication with forwarders, customs clearance and order tracking for international container and LCL orders.
- Develop positive relationships with freight and external logistics companies.
- Implement cost reduction measures through packaging strategies and vendor cost negotiation.
- Expand and diversify shipping options while ending negative vendor relationships.
- Establish global shipping standards and guidelines for Uhuru’s products and projects.
- Provide and update estimated shipping lists for standard pieces to all major cities.
- Implement and analyze KPIs on vendor performance (e.g. ontime, damage, cost revisions, client satisfaction, shipping P&L).
- Track and log all domestic and international stocked and finished good shipments.
- Develop / maintain packaging standards.
- Track and report inventory levels at our distribution centers.
- Provide shipping data for new product for internal reference.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or relevant field a plus.
- 3 - 4+ Years experience in shipping and logistics preferred.
- Self Motivated with exceptional attendance and punctuality.
- Experienced project manager able to oversee simultaneous shipments.
- Excellent customer service orientation!
- Creative problem solver, particularly with timeline and budget pressures.
- Logistics, vendor management and purchasing experience required.
- Passionate and excited about Uhuru!