The Industrial Designer position is a subject matter expert in concept design and will plug in immediately to Uhuru’s best in class concept design team, responsible for creating future products that enable work and life. This position reports to the CEO and design leadership and will responsible for delivering thought leadership, developing novel furniture and product concepts, and driving narrative design and the Brooklyn aesthetic to the next level. This is a remote position and will start at a base salary of $60,000. We are looking for senior design talent.
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
- Uphold Uhuru brand standards, interior aesthetics, and product design direction.
- Organize and execute creative direction initiatives within Design leadership and the CEO to include Uhuru standard product, customs, and new product development and design across collections and brands.
- Identify consumer needs and present product ideas to be developed that meet those needs.
- Develop and oversee designs from concept through production.
- Communicate concepts to the category teams and vendor partners.
- Work across a range of different product categories, materials and manufacturing processes.
- Check technical drawings for accuracy and coordinate with technical designers to execute and update.
- Rendering development and execution of office and residential furniture and space planning.
- Competent in 2D and 3D design, asset creation, and the ability make photo-realistic renderings efficiently and under time constraints used for web, print and client presentations.
- Build system expertise and function as part of a global design team across technical, conceptual, and sales support design functions.
- Ability to invent, create, design, problem solve, and deliver products that enable the future of human-centric design.
- Passionate and excited about Uhuru.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS in architecture, interior design, furniture design, multimedia design or equivalent.
- 4 + years experience as a designer.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, an understanding of manufacturing and design, and awareness of proportion and scale and style.
- Extensive knowledge in Keyshot, Solidworks, SketchUp, CAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Business acumen and experience in sales support, customer service, e-commerce, retail, and product.
- Excited about the future of work and life, and the products and interfaces that will support it 10 and 20 years from now.
- Appreciation for the Brooklyn style and respect for narrative design.
- Demonstrates effective, clear and professional written and oral communication.