The Bilge Lounge Chair is made from reclaimed bourbon barrel staves from Kentucky and recycled leaf springs from New York City fire trucks. First, the natural char of the staves is sealed, preserving the deep, smokey tone of the seat & back. The seat is then mounted on a spring base, providing comfort and resilience. Each Bilge Lounge Chair is hand made to order in our studio.
The Bilge Lounge chair was introduced in Uhuru's early days when the co-founders dismantled reclaimed bourbon barrels into individual staves, metal hoops, and circular heads. They then explored how each part could be combined to create unique contemporary designs while retaining each part's characteristics. This use of salvaged parts spawned the Kupe Collection and a new dialogue within Uhuru's process of narrative design and demonstrated the beautiful potential of material applications. Learn more about the Küpe Collection.
- Dimensions: 31"L x 30"W x 33"H
- Seat Height: 15"SH
- Reclaimed bourbon barrel staves form the seat and back
- Recycled metal leaf spring frame
- Each Bilge Chair is hand made to order in our studio. Due to the nature of reclaimed materials, each piece is unique and variations are to be celebrated.
- Number of boxes: 1.
- Shipping package: 36”L x 35”W x 40”H.
- Package weight: 180 lbs.
- HTS code: 9403.50.