Part of the Smithsonian Renwick Gallery's permanent collection, the Cyclone Lounger is inspired by Coney Island's famous Cyclone coaster. This edition is fabricated in black oak with a matte black base. The lounger's undulating wood seat and its crisp laser-cut metal base emulate the historic coaster's wood track and steel frame design. Capturing the physical stability and the dynamic energy of the coaster, the Cyclone Lounger represents the intersection of Brooklyn's living history with modern narrative design.
The Coney Island Collection was originally crafted from reclaimed wood salvaged from the original iconic boardwalk. Over the years, pieces from the Coney Island Collection have been established as icons of New American Design, details of which can be found from the Boardwalk conference table to the Boardwalk Console. Learn more about the Coney Island Collection.
- Dimensions: 69"L x 22"W x 40"H.
- This Black Oak edition features black oak slats from that are hand-fitted together to create a smoothly curved seat.
- Each piece is hand crafted to order in our studio.
- Powder-coated steel base in Matte Black.
- Number of boxes: 1.
- Shipping package: 75”L x 30”W x 45”H.
- Package weight: 210 lbs.
- HTS code: 9403.50.