Supply Chain Associate
The Supply Chain Associate position is responsible for the product development, management, and growth of the Uhuru workplace and ancillary offering. This position reports to the VP of Product and will be responsible for developing and grooming the vendor network and product development. This is a remote position and will start at a base salary of $55,000 - $65,000 (negotiable).
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
- Develop, fine tune, and expand the existing Uhuru product base
- Manage existing vendor relationships, develop new OEM and 3PL capabilities and accounts
- Combine existing experience in design, product development, and user experience to deliver support to existing Uhuru products and development of new products
- Identify and introduce new materials, supply chain capabilities, technologies, and processes to meet current and future interests of products
- Minimize supply chain disruption and execute projects on time, to budget, and without Uhuru or customer impact
- Continuously improve the overall user experience, factoring in industry trends, best practices, site metrics, and competitive strengths/weaknesses. Embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture
- Develop vendor onboarding program and audit initiative
- Work cross-functionally with the Design, Project Management, Sales, Marketing and eCommerce teams to drive product improvements, development, and go-to-market initiatives across B2B (the trade) and D2C channels
- Develop and oversee processes for product management. Provide thought leadership on process optimization initiatives to improve efficiency or accuracy of key eCommerce processes
- Manage third-party vendor relationships, budgets and contract renewals as needed
- Regularly report on progress and results to leadership
- Develop and implement technology, procedures and processes that will allow the business to scale, especially as the company transitions to a new ERP
- Work with departments across the company to reduce errors and work toward a seamless, error free customer experience.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+years’ relevant work experience in leading vendor and product programs
- Extensive knowledge of furniture and home goods product development,m and experience with vendor management
- Current knowledge of best practices in product development
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; able to simplify complex issues, present compelling proposals, and promote technical and business credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate and excited about Uhuru!