The Project Manager position is responsible for overseeing the project from sales to project close. The Project Manager works with the Sales, Sales support, Design, Manufacturing, Finance teams to carry a project from concept to completion. This person will oversee a book of jobs and each step of the job process, applying industry knowledge of furniture, construction methods, materials, sample and drawing sign-off processes, and job profitability. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager and will be responsible for profitable growth and excellent customer service across our brands and collections. This is a remote position and will start at a base salary of $60,000 - $75,000 (negotiable).
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
- Become proficient in Uhuru products, collections, manufacturing facilities and their capabilities as a knowledge base as well as past custom products.
- Manage client-facing projects with ownership, accountability and support across all departments/teams.
- Apply Project Management experience with custom furniture to deliver product support to the client through design, construction methods, materials and viability.
- Work directly within our vertically owned custom manufacturing footprint, regularly liaising with our facilities in Pennsylvania and Michigan.
- Liaise amongst end user, dealer, A&D and sales teams.
- Contribute to the improvement of product design, product descriptions and efficiencies regarding the overall user experience, factoring in industry trends and competitive pricing to add to a continuous improvement culture.
- Work as the Project leader on your assigned projects, owning the project and in tandem with other departments to ensure deadlines are met for each step of the process including but not limited to drawings, deposits, finish samples, revisions, ship dates and deliveries.
- Mentor other Project Managers regarding custom work and space planning.
- Provide space planning services and broader product guidance to large enterprise customers and jobs.
- Attend and contribute to regular weekly meetings and provide input, updates and metrics as directed.
- Execute against a list of personal initiatives that provide measurable functions for annual review.
- Work cross-functionally with the Design, Product, Sales and Logistics teams to drive product improvements, development, and initiatives across all channels.
- Oversee project margins and provide opportunities for gains without sacrificing quality.
- Regularly report on progress and results to leadership.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years relevant work experience in custom furniture with a proven track record of project management and client service.
- Ability to read and interpret AutoCAD drawings, symbols and dimensions and edit plans (PDF).
- Extensive knowledge of furniture, furniture terminology and common furniture construction in various wood, metal and composites.
- Understanding of cost drivers within furniture manufacturing to be able to guide clients to work within predetermined project budgets.
- Current knowledge of best practices in Project Management with milestones, scope, sequence, QA, scheduling, resource allocation, budget, risk, stakeholders, and more.
- Fully fluent in G suite applications, ability to create and edit spreadsheets, PDF documents and PowerPoint.
- Proven experience working both independently and in small teams as well as the ability to lead a project team.
- Demonstrated integrity, sound judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate initiatives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; able to dissect and simplify complex issues, present solutions and brainstorm to meet client needs on technical, design and scheduling needs.
- Proficiency in managing large scale projects on both short and long duration construction cycles.
- Experience with CRM and ERP software tools and management.
- Experience with conducting site walks with clients at the planning/specification stage as well as for punch list. Ability to thoroughly document, organize and share information from these site walks with other teams within Uhuru.
- Familiarity with modular electrical and height adjustable systems to be able to talk through available options with architects, furniture dealers and general contractors.
- Passionate and excited about Uhuru!