Product Manager - Workplace
The Workplace Product Manager is a remote position reporting into NYC based leadership, responsible for managing and building a line of workplace systems and ancillary furniture products under the Uhuru house of brands. Reporting to the VP of Product, the ideal candidate is highly organized and has experience in furniture planning and development, design, asset management, and manufacturing. This includes but is not limited to managing the entire product lifecycle from concept to design and development, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, release to market, promotion and support. Working closely with teams across design, art & marketing, manufacturing, logistics, and sales in addition to external vendors and service providers, the product manager will deliver exceptional products and strive to achieve aggressive revenue goals and ultimate customer satisfaction. If you want to be part of a design-centric next generation furniture model, backed by years of design pedigree and a global supply chain, JOIN US!
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
- Product Development & Maintenance:
- Set and manage product roadmaps through all Product Lifecycle stages.
- Perform market analysis for product viability and planning.
- Work with Uhuru’s Design Team on concept through design, production of 2D and 3D design assets and product sampling.
- Product testing and certifications through 3rd party vendors and production partners.
- Work with the Production Team, Vendors and Uhruru’s Sales and Project Management teams to determine product COGS and pricing.
- Manage vendors through product development.
- Work with Uhuru’s logistics team and vendors to build product packaging standards.
- Build Quality Control standards with production team and vendors.
- Manage product asset libraries including 2D and 3D design assets, Sell Sheets, Price Sheets, Brochures, Users Guides, Warranties, etc.
- Order Fulfillment:
- Determine best supply chain for each order or project through supply chain planning, drawing management and support, and status management.
- Manage vendors to prototype and manufacture products for both inventory and project based work.
- Act as technical liaison between Uhuru and vendors to ensure all products are made to spec, on budget and on time.
- Manage production schedules and coordinate with Uhuru Finance team for payment scheduling to manufacturers and vendors.
- Manage and review QC reports from manufacturers and vendors and Coordinate product movement with logistics team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field a plus.
- 4+ Years experience in workplace furniture systems design and manufacturing.
- Self Motivated with exceptional attendance and punctuality.
- Experienced project manager able to oversee simultaneous projects.
- Excellent customer service orientation!
- Creative problem solver.
- Vendor management experience required.
Passionate and excited about Uhuru!