As a Graphic Designer at Uhuru, you’ll focus on shaping creative strategies and executing design solutions stemming from a clear understanding of our internal goals and client’s needs. You’ll flawlessly execute design-driven initiatives across a range of mediums: catalog/ print, packaging, web, social, creative direction, and branding.
Working alongside our Marketing Manager, Art Director, and Creative Director, the Graphic Designer will be working cross-functionally with the entire Uhuru team to design packaging, print/digital collateral, and create new brand identities. This role has the potential to grow into a new brand team as we quickly expand, and the Graphic Designer is expected to provide process improvement ideas, develop procedures and documentation, and contribute to the team environment. This full time role is remote, and includes healthcare benefits.
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
- The Graphic Designer is the visual caretaker of the Uhuru brand; partnering with the Marketing Manager and Art Director to ensure all existing and future Uhuru assets successfully and consistently tell our brand story.
- The Graphic Designer will work with Marketing, Product, and Sales teams to manage and execute all graphic collateral needs across a range of print & digital formats. This includes assembly guides, catalogs, spec sheets, presentations, decks, signage, organizational documents, digital assets for social media/ web.
- Work with marketing to concept, design, and develop assets for campaigns, events, activations.
- Provide a keen eye for art direction and styling to conceptualize and execute photo shoots, product print / video collateral, social media campaigns, etc.
- Assist in the creation of digital design work, including website build outs and digital marketing materials, such as email newsletters.
- Responsible for keeping all design files, product assets highly organized, updated, and accessible.
- Explore new ways of bringing the Uhuru brand to life. Ideate, conceptualize and pitch projects you believe in.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor always portraying the company in a positive light and effectively managing sensitive issues.
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently while using departmental resources, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to a positive team environment and proactively aids team members with difficult contacts as needed.
- Must have a creative POV and strong visual design skills.
- Passionate and excited about Uhuru.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in graphic arts preferable.
- 4-5+ years of work experience, preferably in an agency or brand-focused organization.
- Must have a beautifully curated portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions.
- Mastery of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and an awareness of the complete Adobe Creative Suite and latest design software. Sketch, Figma skills a plus.
- Have experience with 3D graphics, UX/UI, and short form animation.
- Design with confidence, but humbly work with others to achieve goals.
- Know, love, and have awareness about the creative world at large: Art, Product/ Furniture, Photography, Typography, Digital Experiences and Branding.
- Aware and curious about the world of design and the internet. You constantly seek what’s new and are well versed at what is happening in technology, product, social media, and beyond.
- An interest in user research, user journey, and analytics. You’re as analytical as you are artistic. You think equal parts creatively and strategically.
- You are a learner-- always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you.
- Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency and adaptability in response to changing business needs.
- General knowledge of e-commerce, Shopify a plus.
- Enthusiastic, strongly self-motivated, open-minded, and enjoys an energetic and fast-past environment.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills, with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to embrace constant change with flexibility and good grace.
- Demonstrates effective communication, composure, and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates effective, clear and professional written and oral communication.
- Copywriting skills a plus.