Global Account Executive
Uhuru Design is seeking our first global account executive to join and build our global accounts team.
At the forefront of New American Design, and with pieces in the Smithsonian and Brooklyn Museum, Uhuru is the premier sustainable American furniture design firm. Founded in 2004, Uhuru has cultivated a client base including many of the world’s most distinguished brands and highest-profile corporate, hospitality, residential, and retail projects.
This is an incredible opportunity for entrepreneurial sales executives looking to build a global accounts team from scratch at a quickly growing cult brand. The individual will provide management and leadership to corporate accounts and will be focused on building a new book of Uhuru clients.
We offer a competitive $85,000 annual base salary, at 3.5% commission. Comprehensive benefits are also included, along with a view of the Statue Of Liberty from our Red Hook Brooklyn, NY Headquarters that’s tough to beat.
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
Develop and execute a global account sales strategy to include analysis of industry, account penetration strategy, rep group and dealer strategy, to achieve sales goals.
Responsible for building a global account team from scratch to include, developing and setting a budget.
Develop a hiring and growth strategy for building out the global account function.
- Develop plans to increase high-level contacts at target accounts, through a strategic effort that will increase penetration.
- Develop a forecasting and sales management platform.
- Coordinate major account agreements and execution.
- Establish Uhuru as an industry leader, through an in-depth understanding of competitive account programs.
- Bring a strong network of industry contacts that we can leverage for quick wins and new long term relationships.
- Develop and execute collaborative account marketing plans to maximize account penetration.
- Serve as a liaison between the factory and the customer/dealer on shipment and quality matters.
- Frequent contact with internal Sales and marketing groups, regarding program, and services. Provides ongoing leadership to sales force. Moderate contact with Executive management regarding assigned account activity and relationship building. Contact with Operations regarding product, scheduling, and marketing programs. Frequent contact with Administration (Customer Service, Order Entry).
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, design or equivalent.
- 5+ years of direct selling experience in sales and marketing in the office furniture market, across direct end-user and A&D segments.
- Excellent (and executive) communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, and a professional disposition.
- Must have a keen eye for design and creativity, exceptional operational, organizational and follow-up skills, and strong analytical and decision-making capabilities.
- CAD/CRM/Accounting and other relevant industry software knowledge a plus.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Passionate and excited about UHURU