Finance & Ops Associate
The Finance & Ops Associate position is responsible for supporting the finance and operation functions and is primary support to the VP of Finance and COO. This position will be located in Red Hook, Brooklyn at the Uhuru Creative Compound, starting at a base salary of $58,500 and benefits to include healthcare. The Finance Associate will be responsible for daily AR, AP, and cash management functions; providing operational and HR support to the VP of Finance; assist with financial planning & analysis; maintaining the appropriate organizational controls and processes.
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable and accounts receivable to include cash disbursements, invoicing & billing, customer credits and collections
- Perform client and vendor management to include interacting with junior and senior personnel
- Manage payroll (through ADP), maintain HR documentation, and coordinate pay and benefit communications
- Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Coordinate directly with external bookkeeper to ensure transactions are reconciled weekly and reporting is available monthly.
- Assist VP of Finance in preparation of departmental budgets
- Maintain fixed asset records & assist in inventory cost accounting including monthly analysis of inventory.
- Organize and maintain all records and documents relevant to the above & additional functions with Finance & Operations.
Skills and Qualifications
- ONLY THING THAT COUNTS is enthusiasm, coachability, strong self-motivation, and the willingness to learn.
- Language: English proficiency.
- 2 + years experience within finance and operations preferred.
- Demonstrated desire to expand skills into new areas.
- Proficiency in QBO, Microsoft Office (Excel), and ADP preferred.
- Experience in and an eye for process improvement.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills, with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to embrace constant change with flexibility and good grace.
- Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency and adaptability in response to changing business needs.
- Demonstrates effective communication, composure, and professional attitude.
- Passionate and excited about UHURU