E-Commerce & Growth Manager
The E-Commerce & Growth Manager will oversee end-to-end the launch and management of new digital platforms across the House of Brands: Uhuru Design (uhurudesign.com), Renegade Customs (builtbyrenegade.com), Propr (proproffice.com), Uhuru Home, and associated marketplaces and online initiatives. This will include business opportunity evaluation and development, project management of the platforms, digital and growth leadership, and order management and customer success. S/he will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally, across Marketing, Design, Technology, Product, and Sales. This is a remote position reporting to the CEO and will start at a base salary of $55,000-$65,000+ (negotiable depending on experience). This full time role is remote, and includes healthcare benefits.
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
- Own the website experience across Uhuru’s House of brands. Build and manage the brands’ digital footprints on Shopify, online marketplaces, and reseller platforms.
- Ensure daily product integrity, content accuracy and digital platform taxonomy and categorization, create/update promotions, new products and launches by posting and removing them as appropriate. Work with the Art department to update imagery to match current marketing strategy. Provide ongoing site merchandising support including filtering & taxonomy management, coordinate price changes and updates.
- Manage copy updates for the website, proof read and execute SEO copy; manage reviews by approving product reviews, tagging products for Instagram feed, responding to questions and monitoring post-purchase comments, iterate and strategize on-site experience to maintain best in class user experience.
- Manage e-commerce inventory updates In conjunction with the Planning & Product teams.
- Provide administrative support to all websites: promptly and accurately answer questions related to website promotions, website functionality, website orders and password resets, account setups, test and maintain site promotions as appropriate.
- Lead end-to-end project management for the launch of new international e-commerce platforms.
- Coordinate existing freelance development support, hire in house developers, customer service, and graphic support and maintain project progress in project management platforms such as Trello, Monday.com.
- Partner with business leaders to evaluate new digital opportunities, including DTC eCommerce, digital concessions, and wholesale partnerships.
- Support regional partners to identify strategies to optimize existing digital platforms.
- Work directly with Brand Project Managers to develop and support product go-to-market across the digital distribution.
- Work directly with the B2B sales team in building trade collateral, 2d/3d asset model database, for national distribution platforms in commercial furniture.
- Lead brand and category expansion with Amazon, Wayfair and other direct-to-consumer businesses including retailer brick and mortar omni opportunities
- Develop and help manage social, influencer and broad online marketing outreach in support of customer acquisition
- Develop and manage annual eCommerce sales and profitability plans and monitor results vs plan throughout the year for the e-commerce channel.
- Conduct business reviews with accounts, manage customer relationships in the e-was commerce channel and present relevant findings to senior executive team.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and business relationships to grow revenue, profitability and market share.
- Assist with the development of marketing strategies and advertising plans.
- Manage and expand existing drop-ship models.
- Troubleshoot eCommerce fulfillment issues with Operations and EDI teams.
- Manage analytics and insights to senior leadership.
- Help onboard new Netsuite ERP platform and EDI setup with various resellers.
- Work closely with Vendor Managers at Amazon and Wayfair to ensure full alignment of brand strategy sales goals and merchandising plan execution.
- Manage Sponsored products on Wayfair, AMS results on Amazon and oversee marketing budget.
- Partner with agencies to review findings and strategize on keywords and search terms going forward (SEO).
- Partner with Amazon AMS Manager to strategize campaigns, AMG and video.
- Reconcile tracking, inventory and order cuts and provide updates to customers.
- Work on product set up and update process for all accounts internally and externally, including product set up, POR pricing, Deal Sheets, and adding items to EDI feed.
- Work on demand forecasting and planning for Amazon and Wayfair on an ongoing basis.
- Identify overstock opportunities and present items to flash accounts.
- Partner with EDI and accounts to identify pricing errors and reconcile.
- Create and update Amazon, Wayfair, and other marketplace and reseller brand pages.
- Work with .com seasonal buys and replenishment.
- Passionate about Uhuru.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience required.
- 5+ years of digital/eCommerce sales, 3+ years at a consumer startup or related online business or 2+ years in a top tier management consulting firm preferred.
- Experience with strategic planning, financial analysis, and project management.
- Ability to develop and manage cross-functional relationships across a global team at all levels in the organization.
- Hypothesis-driven mindset and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to take initiative, work autonomously, and build a team and systems.
- Interest in the high end furniture and home goods e-commerce.
- Expertise with Shopify, and online marketplace portals a must.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams.