Customer Experience Manager
The Customer Experience Manager position is responsible for supporting the sales process, end to end, from the outside sales team’s initial point of contact through product delivery. This person is responsible for building out our sales support team and function and will be the primary interface between our Sales Workplace teams. We are looking for someone with 5-7+ years of experience in the commercial office furniture trade, preferably at a major furniture dealer or large manufacturer. This position will be a remote position and candidates from any geography are encouraged to apply, starting at a base salary of $70,000 and benefits to include healthcare and equity (depending on experience). The candidate will need to be fluent with CET, MyResourceLibrary, and the commercial office furniture sales support process. We are rapidly going to market via Dealers and Reps and in the process of developing a scalable sales support and customer service function that is best in class, and this will be a new role leading the charge!
Uhuru is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
- Help develop and implement the sales support process and customer service function.
- Support the VP of Workplace, and VP of Sales in turning quotes, closing sales, managing accounts, and delivering produce.
- Provides day-to-day direction and leadership for the Customer Experience Team with respect to Organizational, Business Process, and Policy decisions.
- Builds a Best in Class organization recognized as the best in the industry.
- Represents the customer and the best interests of the customer in all aspects of decision-making.
- Instills philosophy of Continuous Improvement and drives organization to year over year improvements in performance and service.
- Ensures a strong spirit of collaboration and knowledge sharing exists throughout the organization relating to Customer Service, Supply Chain, Logistics, Sales, Quality and Operations
- Serves as a Change Agent helping to drive the overall organization towards becoming much more “Customer Centric”
- Establishes a “Culture of Excellence” with the expectation that things are done error free, on time, the first time
- Works with HR to manage all aspects of recruiting, hiring and onboarding to ensure appropriate staffing, skill sets and capability
- Mentors, trains, and coaches direct reports and their support staff to ensure they have the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective team leader/manager
- Drives all aspects of the performance management process including, but not limited to annual objectives, goal setting, mid-year and end of year performance reviews, and disciplinary action plans.
- Defines and implements staffing and organizational strategies that maximize customer satisfaction, efficiency, productivity, and reduces cost to serve.
- Success transforming underperforming departments/functions/organizations
- Experience leading/managing mid to large sized cross functional customer facing projects
- Develops policies, procedures and business processes that drive a culture of consistency, dependability, and reliability.
- Reviews and recommends improvements to systems/technology related to Customer Experience operations.
- Drives improvement in all efficiency/cost related KPIs.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-7 + years of experience in a senior level Customer Care or Experience leadership role.
- Proficient in CET, MyResourceLibrary, and other common trade technology platforms
- Familiar with Quickbooks Online, G Suite, Salesforce or willingness and ability to learn quickly