CNC Programmer / Operator - Denver, PA
Uhuru is looking for a CNC Programmer/Operator to join our rapidly growing, high-end custom furniture shop in Denver, Pennsylvania. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing the production team with all necessary support using CAD along with programming and operating CNC Routers. The position is full time.
- Operate Techno Venture CNC routers in a safe manner
- Set up / shut down machines every day, and keep the CNC area clean and orderly
- Perform necessary maintenance on CNC, vacuum hold-down system, etc.
- Maintain inventory of cutting tools, and stock materials for CNC fabrication
- Maintain running log of all cuts including settings and results
- Provide cut time estimates to Project Managers to aid in pricing custom work
- Design and produce jigs & fixtures for use on CNC and by fabricators in wood and metal shops
- Create ready to cut files for standard operations (inlays, fixtures, etc)
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with CNC routing
- Fluent in Solidworks, knowledge of Rhino a plus
- Knowledge of HSM Works, VisualMill or similar
We are currently using a combination of Rhino and RhinoCAM, but likely transitioning to Solidworks this year. Knowledge of both would be a major plus