Assistant Project Manager, Workplace
Uhuru Design has become one of the most sought after design companies in America. Founded in 2004 as a Brooklyn-based, bespoke furniture studio, Uhuru has grown organically into an internationally recognized furniture brand.
We are looking for a dynamic Assistant Project Manager to join our growing Workplace Furniture team. The ideal candidate is passionate about furniture and design and is a self-starter that excels in a fast-paced environment. Experience with corporate interiors and specifying modular furniture is preferred. Reporting to Uhuru’s VP of Product, the Workplace Project Assistant provides direct support to the Senior Project Manager, Workplace in major company initiatives as well as directly managing supportive initiatives. This is a full time Red Hook, Brooklyn-based position with potential for growth. Some travel may be required.
Assist with coordination of project orders throughout their lifecycle from initial specification, space planning, order entry, field coordination, installation and final punch list.
CLIENT SIGN-OFF DRAWINGS
- Assist with preparation of furniture drawing packages for client sign-off
- Create furniture keyplans and finish schedules
- Create layout schematics for workstation modular electric for client sign-off
- Create and manage purchase orders for submission to multiple vendors and suppliers for furniture, electric components, materials and accessories
- Verify and review order acknowledgements and proforma invoices for accuracy
- Manage and track shipping timelines to meet target dates
- Coordinate with internal Logistics Team on shipping
- Assist with managing vendor relationships for modular electric/electronic components
- Work with internal team (Sales, Accounts, Product, Logistics) to forecast components and manage placement of bulk orders
- Assist with site installations and help installation teams with product questions
- Send installation guides and documents to field teams in advance of installs
- Assist with closing out punch list items
Skills and Qualifications
- College degree
- Experience with modular office furniture preferred
- Experience in CAD, space-planning and reading drawings required (3D programs a plus)
- Experience in Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs)
- Furniture or Millwork fabrication, repair and installation experience a plus